3 Hand Stand push ups
Mobility: 1 min
Skill/Strength: Squat Clean
RX athletes *10 mins for Advanced athletes to work toward 3 rep max.
Novice to intermediate athletes 10 mins to practice Burgener warm up
1. First is the down and up for developing speed through the middle. The hips must open and the shoulders come up.
2. Second is elbows high and outside for keeping the bar close.
“You never want that bar to be outside the area of the base,” Burgener explains. “If it goes outside the area of the base, it’s away from my body. I don’t have any control.”
3. Third is the muscle snatch for developing the turnover.
“You’re really not pressin’ the bar up. What are you pressing down? You,” Burgener says.
4. In the fourth movement, athletes practice footwork as they increase the depth of the receiving position with the bar im front rack
5. Finally athletes drop all the way down with the PVC pipe received in front rack to simulate getting under a heavy clean .
“You always receive the bar where the bar is,” Burgener emphasizes. “You go to the bar.”
10 Strict Pull ups
10 Alt single arm thruster 53/35
10 Alt single leg deadlift 53/35
400 meter row